Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yo-yo day success!

I've been quiet for longer than I meant to.  Sometimes life just gets so darned exciting that it's hard to sit down and write it all down.  But along with
  1. surviving school holidays
  2. editing the next issue of La Leche League New Zealand's magazine
  3. attending the La Leche League New Zealand Conference (and hopefully getting the T-shirt)
  4. organising the La Leche League New Zealand photo competition
 ...I have kept on minimising my life's burdens. 

Now you see it....
Today I got rid of a yo-yo before even posting about it - how good am I?

This little bouquet was a gift from DH's work when DS Alex was born.  
Hmmmm, I must have decluttered the photo, too.  Onward and upward!
It was a cunning blue arrangement of fabric flowers and rolled up baby washcloths and onesies.  I obviously  valued it because it was a true yo-yo - I can't count how many times I looked at it and then put it down again.  Until recently, I hadn't even removed all the baby items from the arrangement, and that meant that instead of using some of the onesies (like, 5 years ago when they would have fit), they are now in my gifting box!

But I have today passed the remains along to my favourite charity shop, and hopefully some crafty soul will breathe new life into it.

But wait, there's more!
I also donated the crossbars of a baby gym  - because I've lost faith that we are ever going to find the fabric part of it.  I mean, we lost a digital camera in that move, so I'm sure we could have lost a piece of fabric not much bigger than a pillowcase.   And those crossbars got used as weapons just once too often.

3 comments:

  1. Great job :)
    Sentimental items are the most difficult for me... but I have been good at paring them down too. I got rid of my old journals and year books, since looking at them didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy LOL! Some travel mementos too from when I was volunteering in a Cambodian orphanage. I was there, I don't need to have that stuff to make it have happened, or remember it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am less sentimental about things these days, except for my jewellery or clothes. I'm still amazed I can wear things from high school (and still do), but I wouldn't keep it for memories

    It's been a long time in the making for that attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it feels great!

    It is tricky to make the connection between "I like to see it" to "I would never miss it if it were gone!"

    ReplyDelete