The best thing about porridge is that you can add anything!
The best thing about becoming a mother is that you learn to go with the flow...
(or whenever my day allows time for eating with utensils)
- Boil the kettle.
- Take kids' leftover bowl with some extra soymilk and cold cereal sloshing in the bottom.
- Add random crumbs from yesterday's bags of kids' car snacks
- Add organic wholegrain oats
- OK, ran out of wholegrain oats. Add some instant oatmeal and some of that cornmeal I bought months ago when I was going to start making fresh cornbread.
- Add some raisins, or shred some dates with bare hands, or just decide the soymilk will be sweet enough.
- Cinnamon? Ginger? Nice if you have a few extra seconds.
- Pour boiled water over the ingredients in the bowl.
- Cooking time - 1 shower, 5 answered emails and 1 shopping list (don't forget organic wholegrain oats!)
- If in a super hurry, just add more soymilk to cool and eat right away as limp muesli